[78-L] Marilyn Monroe studio recordings..some info please

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 5 08:44:20 PDT 2009

Should'a looked in the Irving Berlin Songography (Dave Jay, Arlington House).

RCA EPA 593: MARILYN MONROE in Irving Berlin's THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW
BUSINESS: You'd Be Surprised; Heat Wave; Lazy; After You Get What You Want You
Don't Want It.

Apparently "After You Get What You Want" was cut from the film in Canada, and a
new song "But I Ain't Got a Man" never made it into the film at all. I wonder
why that one hasn't turned up on any of the unauthorized compilations?