[78-L] Marilyn Monroe studio recordings..some info please

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 5 08:17:12 PDT 2009

This solves one long-standing mystery..the 45 EP of "Some Like it Hot" was at
the first station I ever worked at, CJRT (still a student operation at that
time) and I knew it had 4 cuts, but only 3 MM vocals were on the LP. Was the
vocal of Some Like It Hot ever in any release print of the film?

"Kiss" and "Do It Again" have MGM matrix numbers (53-S-3000-6, 53-S-3001-6 plus
45RPM equivalents), recorded at Radio Recorders with Earle Hagen's Orchestra,
January 9/53. Once again, did these ever sneak out as a promo?

What else is on the RCA EP of "No Business"? Heat Wave and After You Get What
You Want were issued as a single.

The MGM Master Books also cross reference Marilyn to Volume 1 Page 673 where
she's listed along with Jackie Paris as vocalist on "You Don't Know Him", "Keep
it Simple" and "We're Not Children", issued on MGM E 3650, recorded February
14/58. It's the Leonard Feather-Dick Hyman All Stars playing songs from "Oh
Captain (Jazz Album)". Per Lord, it's Marilyn MOORE, not Monroe. Phew.

dl