[78-L] Who was the first . . .

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 4 13:58:43 PDT 2009

Kristjan
    I can't beat yours but I do have a rather funny story for this query.
The oldest gentleman I recorded with was Paul Bascomb (born 1909 acc to Paul, he joked that everyone thought he was born in 1910 or 1912) in a recording session (I believe Paul's last in the 1980's). However, on two occasions I had to correct someone from thinking I was the unknown trumpeter in the 1955 session Paul did for the Parrot label (I would have to admit the trumpet on the Five Arrow's "Pretty Little Thing" does sound a bit like me) - I could not possibly be, seeing I was not even born yet in 1955!!
all the best
Yves