[78-L] Two singers who cause me pain

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Apr 3 23:36:01 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Nothing wrong with "The Man I Love" on a twelve-inch Whiteman Tater Head,
> except for the key (she can't hit the low notes worth a damn on that one).

This was the opening theme for my radio program "The Record Shelf" forty
years ago.  The INSTRUMENTAL introduction was the opening theme, that
is.  My closing theme was a back-timed "I Like That" by Frankie
Trumbauer & Orch.  Side One Cut Two and Side Two Cut Two of the first
disc of "The Original Sound Of the Twenties."

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com