[78-L] Stravinsky Le Sacre Columbia Masterworks MM 417

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 05:33:06 PDT 2009

Anyone else try to transfer this set? Very difficult; even apart from the fact that it's a dub and the laminated pressing isn't friendly, the recording itself seems a bit sub-standard -- muddy and yet highly variable. Side divisions, too, make no sense, though they were cutting 12" records from 16" masters.

Has this ever been reissued? If there was even a tombstone LP of it I'm not aware of it. The 78 sets are reasonably common -- I have three of them.

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com