[78-L] Orthacoustic query.

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:20:32 PDT 2009

I just found a 12" vinyl disc with this label, number WD7-MC-621.
Title is STATEMENT BY GENERAL EISENHOWER FOR NATIONAL GUARD RECRUITING
DRIVE.  Single face with RCA Victor 'web' backing.

The actual message lasts all of 74 seconds,  and only occupies
approximately the outer 3/4" of the disc.  The remainder, originally
blank, was used later by someone to try to record a live performance
of Spike Jones's 'Ghost riders' off the air at 78 rpm (with the
censored 'wish I had his dough' bit intact!).

Has anyone any information on this disc?  A  date or anything else?  Thanks!