[78-L] [ARSCLIST] Fats Waller aircheck set

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Thu Apr 2 11:53:05 PDT 2009

DOCUMENT Records, formerly of Austria, now in the UK is
a full price label.  Primarily pre-war blues, but
also has an Austrian folk series, Country music series,
and some jazz.  They have not gotten high marks for
audio quality, though the new owner seems to be attempting
to remedy that.
DOCUMENTS is a German based company, with multiple
labels, extremely inexpensive multiple cd sets.
Classical, jazz, blues.  Discussions on these lists
indicate they 'appropriate' material from other
full price reissue labels, dub from lp's etc. with
little or no sound restoration or production.

Sorry for my loose language - I tend to call anything
not reissued by the original (or successor thereto) label
nor licensed from them a bootleg.  I suppose the
distinction between boots, pirates, counterfeits, etc.
may be useful......

Best wishes, Thomas.