[78-L] Mitch Miller Horrifies

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Sat Mar 28 19:28:19 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Mitch Miller Horrifies

> [...]
>> 14. Love Among the Young - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Mitch Miller
>> 15. Moonlight Becomes You - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Mitch Miller
>> 16. Who Can I Turn To - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Mitch Miller
>> 17. So Help Me (If I Don't Love You) - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Mitch
>> Miller
>> 18. Darn That Dream - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Mitch Miller
>> 19. It's Always You - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Mitch Miller
>> 20. On the Street Where You Live - Vic Damone, Percy Faith & His
>> Orchestra
>>
>> 21. Rags to Riches - Tony Bennett, Percy Faith & His Orchestra
>> 22. Say You'll Wait for Me - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Sarah Vaughan
>>
>> 23. Make Yourself Comfortable - Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Peggy King
>>
>> 24. Wonderful! Wonderful! - Ray Conniff,
>> Disc: 4 Amazon Music Sampler
>> 1. Intro - Jo Stafford, Paul Weston
>> 2. Cripple Creek/Goin' Down the Road - Jo Stafford, Paul Weston
>> 3. Mona Lisa - Frankie Laine
>> 4. Swanee River - Jimmy Newell
>> 5. Hey Ho, Anybody Home/Swing Low Sweet Chariot - Norman Luboff Choir
>> 6. Nice Work If You Can Get It - Jo Stafford, Paul Weston
>> 7. Camille - Dave Brubeck Quartet
>> 8. Cry - The Four Lads, Mitch Miller, Johnnie Ray
>> 9. Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - The Four Lads
>> 10. Skokiaan - The Four Lads
>> 11. Rain, Rain, Rain - Buddy & His Quartet Cole, The Four Lads, Frankie
>> Laine
>> 12. You're Just in Love - Rosemary Clooney, Guy Mitchell
>> 13. Mack the Knife
>> 14. Kiss of Fire - Toni Arden, Percy Faith & His Orchestra
>> 15. When the Saints Come Marching In
>> 16. All the Time and Everywhere - Mindy Carson, Percy Faith & His
>> Orchestra
>>
>> 17. Yaketyyak Polka - Jimmy Newell
>> 18. Down Yonder - Champ Butler, Paul Weston & His Orchestra
>> 19. Morningside of the Mountain - Norman Luboff Choir, Paul Weston & His
>> Orchestra
>> 20. Send My Baby Back to Me - Judy Garland, Paul Weston & His Orchestra
>>
>> 21. Without a Memory - Judy Garland, Paul Weston & His Orchestra
>> 22. You Belong to Me - Norman Luboff Choir, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston
>> Orchestra
>> 23. A-Round the Corner - Norman Luboff Choir, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston
>> Orchestra
>> 24. Hey, Good Lookin - Frankie Laine, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston & His
>> Orchestra
>> 25. Sugar Bush - Doris Day, Frankie Laine, Norman Luboff Choir,
>> 26. Guy Is a Guy - Doris Day,
>> 27. No Two People - Doris Day, Donald O'Connor, Paul Weston & His
>> Orchestra
>>
>> 28. Let's Walk That-A-Way - Doris Day, Johnnie Ray, Paul Weston & His
>> Orchestra
>> 29. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Jimmy Boyd, Norman Luboff
>> 30. Tell Me a Story - Jimmy Boyd, Frankie Laine, Paul Weston & His
>> Orchestra
>>
>> 31. Gandy Dancer's Ball - Frankie Laine, Norman Luboff Choir, Paul Weston

   Or "Radiater Ramble, Fan Belt Fantasia , Battery Bounce,Driveshaft Twist,
Starter Motor Stomp?Horns that go" Ta Ta Taaa Tah?I'm just wild about"Nobody
wrote any songs about Ooga horns? Pity?

     and a Pink Car-nation!

     Seeya

     Bob

    God! We grew up to the Mitch Miller stuff? Sing a-long with Mitch, some
fun, most dreck!