[78-L] Koussey Played Bass

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 23 21:02:55 PDT 2009

OKAY..WHY THE DISCREPANCY IN MATRIX NUMBERS?

Simple..all of these were rerecordings. Koussy had made earlier attempts in
1928, probably in Camden..42967 is a Ted Weems side recorded there in September
1928. 46178 is also a Camden number from September 1928. So in September 1929,
they reused those numbers. I don't think Young shows the original recording
dates of the unissued sides..but Young also doesn't know that an undubbed
version of "Classical Symphony, Side 1" was issued, so he's not the final
answer on these matters.

dl