[78-L] The Gene Austin Story

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 10:51:12 PDT 2009

It can be useful in these cases to use the advanced search page:
http://www.imdb.com/list

...where we find out that it was an episode of "The Goodyear Television Playhouse"
aired 21 April 1957, and featuring George Grizzard in the title role. Voici:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0591210/

I have no insight on how to acquire a copy, but I did check the UCLA Film & TV holdings
and they don't have it.

RCA Victor evidently released an EP featuring music from the production, but
it isn't perfectly clear whether Gene Austin sings on it:
http://tinyurl.com/cev8fm

-Harold