[78-L] The Desert Song

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:36:33 PDT 2009

The Syracuse Cinefest was held here this past Thursday thru Sunday, and it showed the 1929 Warner Brothers "Desert Song." Very enjoyable except for the dated and unintentionally dialogue.

It was NOT entirely in two color Technicolor; according to Cinefest program notes only "several" scenes were.

Unfortunately our print didn't contain them.

Oh, and does anybody remember Leona Anderson, the "World's Worst Singer" and brother of Bronco Billy? She was in the 1915 Chaplin short: "It the Park." I think I identified her.

...and thank god it was silent!

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org      PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
Life: Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug...

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me