[78-L] shifting phases

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 23 10:02:13 PDT 2009

I've never heard of transferring them out of phase, except of course for Pathes
and Diamond Discs which ARE out of phase. I had a phase reverse built into my
old Dynaco pre-amp for playing those, but it doesn't work on non-phono
inputs..that said, transferring in stereo IS a good idea, but only into digital
material. Lousy on cassettes and open reel unless you're going to play back on
the exact same machine. Even then the playback heads may not match what was
recorded.

dl