[78-L] Sid right down and listen!

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Mar 21 12:41:05 PDT 2009

Hey Bud,

Thanks for the good words about both Frank and Sid.  Frank has plenty of
defenders but,  I say sadly,  Sid has few.

For an excellent intro to Mr. Garry I would suggest Sid's version on
Perfect/Romeo of There's A Rainbow 'Round  My Shoulder,  which compares very
favorably with Jolson's.  Sid has a much more relaxed way of phrasing  than
did Jolie (great as he was),  and he kind of swings along very easily with
the pleasant and slightly peppy little studio band.

Taylor B