[78-L] constant velocity records, was Value of 78's

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 21:46:40 PDT 2009

Are there such things are turntables controlled by computers, and would it be
possible to enter starting and ending speeds that the turntable could adjust
to automatically and gradually as the record progressed? I must sound like an
awful ignoramus about the business of digital transfers!

Sir Brian says in his label book that the beginnings of World records sound
acceptable at 33, while the endings are reasonable at 78. In no way does that
mean that 33 and 78 were strict parameters used when recording, nor that they
apply equally to every World disc, but it's a start.

Here's a link to a photo of a Fred Duprez label. Does anyone know exactly
what "Speed B Slow" means?
http://www.normanfield.com/world501.jpg

-Harold