[78-L] sound quality (was almost mp3, and OTR but started as Fw: Limited edition Miller)

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 20 08:34:08 PDT 2009

William A. Brent wrote:

> so what ever happened to concerns for sound quality?

The digital age came upon us and people adopted MP3 format at a time
when the internet was all dial-up. Somehow they haven't gotten use to
the fact that there are better codecs and faster lines vailable now, for
many.

I have said this many times, but I'm not above saying it again, the
digital age was one of the best and one of the WORST things to ever
happen to OTR and sound collectors in general. Mostly it was the worst.

joe salerno