[78-L] Who's still with us?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Mar 20 00:16:41 PDT 2009

I understand that the very good singer Gary Stevens (sang with Spivak and
others) is still with us..not sure if he gets label credit in the 30s but
for sure by '41.    I like the Spivak/Stevens version of Everything  Happens
to Me as much as the Dorsey/Sinatra one.

I can't confirm this 100% but of those still with us I may have the oldest
record...a 1930 McGregor & Sollie pressing of a Bay Area band called Gay's
Red Peppers playing Crying Myself to Sleep.  That was the first band which
Tony Martin played with  (when he was still Al Norris) and I assume he is on
it.

Taylor B