[78-L] Limited edition Miller

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Mar 19 11:29:04 PDT 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
> David Weiner wrote:
>
>> The green edition was from the RCA Victor Record Club and was often given
>> away by mail with a new 45 player - all the tracks are shortened to cram 15
>> EPs worth of material onto 10!
>>

> They shortened the tracks??!!!!!  Boy, that is taking the Readers Digest
> condensations to the extreme!!  Remember that the club was run by
> Readers Digest in those days, and that the original freebie (as
> mentioned in my prior post) was called Listener's Digest.  All copies I
> remember seeing of the LD were the gray labels, but I see copies of the
> Miller green box shown on oboy with gray, black, or pink labels!

I just got a response from one of the many dealers with the green box.
His set has pink labels with record numbers 599-9103 thru 9112, and
matrix numbers  G2PH 2639 thru G2PH 2648.  He didn't mention a SET
number!!  I don't think there was one!   G is 1956,  2 is RCA Victor, P
is Popular, and H is 45 Extended Play.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com