[78-L] Electric Edison Diamond Discs

martha MLK402 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 17 13:18:43 PDT 2009

Early-on, they used a home made system whipped-up by Theodore and others;  later,
RCA equipment was purchased.
The earlier electricals do have a unique sound (tinny distortion) ... those from
later 1928 and 1929 are much better.

Vertical & lateral masters were cut simultaneously, using 2 lathes and amplifiers
but one microphone (no surprise stereo )

This is from memory, subject to recollection correction  :)