[78-L] Buddy Clark / Mark Stevens

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 14 23:19:37 PDT 2009

I think you are right, Bud.  I found this bit in a Buddy Clark bio at....

http://www.gmmy.com/crooners/clark/biography.htm

In fact, Buddy Clark's renown as a "Ghost Singer" was such that film producerDarryl F. Zanuck hired him to do the singing for actor Jack Haley in "Wake Up And Live," a 1937 movie about a popular radio singer who gets"Mike Fright." The Hollywood welcome mat was now laid down for Buddy. Hewas offered his own radio show, called, "Here's To Romance," and he even played a small cameo role in the 1942 film "Seven Days Leave," which starred two of Hollywood's leading stars, Lucille Ball and Victor Mature. He also sang for actor Mark Stevens in the musical hit "I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now."

Mark Stevens was also in the film "Oh You Beautiful Doll" in 1949 and Bill Shirley dubbed his singing voice in that one.  So he obviously didn't sing too well.
RayK