[78-L] Convenience fees/only pay pal accepted

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 17:38:26 PDT 2009

To be fair, Paypal is cheaper (for the buyer), much more secure, and much, much easier than cash or money orders. Paypal increases sales; people (including me) have long deliberately avoided buyers who demand a trip to the Post Office, a wait in line, and paying for both stamp and MO ($1.34 plus an envelope is ridiculous for small purchases), not to mention the tiresomeness of writing out addresses multiple times. Paypal -- click, click, you're done. That alone should increase sales, by making it easier to buy.

You also don't have to wait until your mail gets there. And the seller has his money in hand instantly as well. Of course, that doesn't stop some sellers from holding on to your dough for a week anyways before shipping.

I love Paypal. Wouldn't want to buy anything online without it. I still use credit cards when there's no other choice, but Paypal is number one.