[78-L] Erica Von Hausmann on Odeon

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Sat Mar 14 17:06:45 PDT 2009

There are no prefixes to the matrix numbers.

Art

= = = = = = = = = = = =

Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 08:45:25 +0100
From: "Per Backman" <listpelle at tufftuff.net>
Subject: Re: [78-L] Erica Von Hausmann on Odeon
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

And after a bit of Googling, Erica v. Hausmann is Edith Lorand. Probably recorded in
Berlin and from Parlophon.

Per B.
>The titles are from "Ball im Savoy", an operetta by Paul Abraham, popular
around 1934. Are there not any letters before the matrix numbers?

>Per B.
>>I turned up a copy of Erica Von Hausmann e la sua Orchestre on Odeon GO 17648.
The prefix appears to be GO, but I'm not absolutely certain of the >first letter.
Titles are "Tangolit" (not sure about first and last letters, as they are quite
faded - mx 133714) and "Toujours L'Amour" (mx 133713).  I can't >find much
about Hausmann that I can understand, although appears possibly to be Austrian.  The
Odeon, I expect, is Portuguese, but I'd like confirmation >and I'm curious to know
when and where it was originally recorded.