[78-L] Allen G. Debus is gone

Ryan Barna ryansrecords1 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:10:38 PDT 2009

I was talking to Richard Martin of Archeophone today, and I was very saddened to hear about Allen's passing last Friday. I've always admired his work for Archeophone, Brian Rust, and his old Hobbies magazine columns. Allen and I only corresponded a couple of times in the last few years, but I found him to be very courteous, and told me he was glad I was continuing the research on Billy Murray and other artists. I'm sure there are many of you who knew and liked Allen and his work.

You may read his Chicago Tribune obituary here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-hed-debus-03-mar10,0,5612964.story

It was an honor to have known him.

-Ryan