[78-L] Jimmy Boyd Obit

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Mar 10 12:54:48 PDT 2009

soundthink at aol.com wrote:
> Very strange. I was just reading about Boyd in Hecky Krasnow's daughter's book about his years as the head of Columbia's kiddie record division.

Thanks for reminding me about this book.  I just put in an order for
it.  (The wonder of the internet!!!)

> I was 12 at the time and understood the meaning of the lyric, even
> though the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston didn't! And they're
> supposed to be the purveyors of wisdom.
>
>       Julian Vein

I asked Molly Bee if she had understood the implications of the song --
especially the alternate and much dirtier versions of it.  She said
sure, she was a farm girl and knew all about things like this!!

> She [Judy Krasnow] had a crush on him and said that he was forced to wear
> his little cowboy outfit to school every day to remind people of who he was.
> Cary Ginell

Molly talked about being good friends with Jimmy.  I wonder if she was a
rival with Judy Krasnow for his affections.  I know that I would have
had a thing for Molly if I had known her!!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com