[78-L] Jimmy Boyd Obit

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Mar 10 09:35:47 PDT 2009

What a coincidence.  His female rival over at Capitol Records, Molly
Bee, passed away a couple of weeks ago at age 69.  I met her last year,
she was a real character!  She told a story about how she was taught I
Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus BY Jimmy Boyd!  If I remember the story,
he had just recorded it a couple of days before.  She went into the
studio and her version came out before Jimmy's, and Columbia was
furious.  I'll have to check with the recording of her telling this.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com