[78-L] He knows if you've been bad or good...

Randy Skretvedt forwardintothepast at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 12:44:57 PDT 2009

I agree with Taylor Bowie--except I think the Bruce Springsteen cover of the Jackson 5 version of is even more annoying.  He shrieks "SAN-ta Claus is Coming to Town!" in that gravelly voice over and over again.

And I always thought "The Little Drummer Boy" was ridiculous--the kid's trying to sleep and here comes this drummer boy making such a racket!  (Also love that line about "Mary nodded...the ox and lamb kept time..."  I can just see Joseph snapping his fingers, wearing some cool shades.)

"Carol of the Bells" is like a musical migraine.  It's the Christmas equivalent of "Windmills of Your Mind" and just as annoying.  Humbug!

As for the pig going to the slaughterhouse...then there's the song by the French woman having gender-reassignment surgery in December: "I'll Be Homme for Christmas."

--Randy Skretvedt (running for cover)