[78-L] He knows if you've been bad or good...

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Mar 10 09:56:17 PDT 2009

 _________________________

> "Tell Me A Story" was far more annoying. The Jackson 5's cover of
> "Mommy/Santa"
> can actually make me want to throw things.
>
> dl

Even worse is the maniacal and insistent Jackson 5 version of Santa Claus is
Coming to Town,  where Little Mikey repeats and repeats how it yells in my
ears "SAN-ta Claus is coming to town;  SAN-ta Claus is coming to town..."

Hope those kids all got lumps of coal the year that one came out.

I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings but I want to note that,  despite
my frequent liking of sentimental stuff,   the one modern Xmas song which I
do loathe is The Little Drummer Boy...in any version.  Pah-rump-a-pump-pum
right back at you,  buster.

Of the old-timers,  I get upset if I'm forced to listen to Carol of the
Bells for more than about ten seconds.

Hmm...this thread  isn't exactly Christmas in July but it's close.

Taylor

And then there was the song the pig sang after he was moved to the
slaughterhouse in early December: "I'll be Ham For Christmas."