[78-L] OT Skype query

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 09:38:10 PDT 2009

I have recently installed Skype onto my PC, although it's not ready to
use yet as I don't have a microphone. I just dialled my landline number
to check and the number rang OK.

Today a friend in Spain "phoned" to my landline phone using Skype and
that worked fine.

Does Skype only work between 2 PCs connected to the phone system? My
broadband goes to direct to cable, not the phone line. Will this mean I
can "phone" somebody but they won't be able to "phone" me?

It also means I can't fax, because there's no phone number to charge to.

       Julian Vein