[78-L] copyright

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 8 12:38:45 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> You're clear under British law and can sell to US customers FROM the UK, but
> may run into trouble if you sell large quantities through a US distributor.
>
> dl

I was considering placing a DVD in a book I am working on. This is going
to be problematic. I am already starting work on getting rights to MGM
Movietone Shorts, which oddly are now owned by Warner Bros. But old
Capitols, etc. with Specht music on board, are going to become a
headache. I am most likely going to evade the problem by promoting a CD
that already exists. Music collecting can be fun, but it can also run
amok with the law of done indiscriminately (who already has  knowledge
of ASCAP and BMI meddlings in karaoke and use of CD's and DVD's in
public places).

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.