[78-L] copyright

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 8 11:09:09 PDT 2009

Even the reissue labels can't go after other bootleggers. There's a crook in
southern Ontario (name and phone number provided on request) who had the
Canadian distribution rights to the ProArte/Intersound label for a couple of
years before they set up their own branch in Toronto. That was nearly 20 years
ago, but the ganeff is still pressing and selling those early titles via dollar
stores and pharmacy bargain bins. The covers now look like 19th generation
photocopies. I've been trying to get Intersound or its successors, Platinum
Entertainment and then Compendia Music, to go after this guy because I produced
those titles under contract and should still be collecting royalties. Not worth
it for them to bother.

dl