[78-L] Manor 5000

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Mar 7 18:17:23 PST 2009

Manor 5000-B contains:
BE-BOP (Gillespie), with artist credit DIZZY GILLESPIE,
and personnel on the label.
Three label variants known, differing in label blanks and fonts.
The first version gives the bass as Pettiford, the other 2 state "Oscar Pettiford".
No subtitle; pres. this refers to "same tune".
Reverse is SALTED PEANUTS (Gillespie).
(from label pictures).
I will mail the pictures.

Han Endeman
===
>>> Do any list members have a copy of Manor 5000 in their collection?  I
believe that this 78 release is the first release of Dizzy
Gillespie's "Be-bop" or "Be-Bop" or "Be Bop" or "Bebop" - etc., and
that is my question.  How is the tune spelled on this first release?
Some discographries also bracket the tune as [Dizzy's Fingers]
following the "Be Bop" title.
<<<