[78-L] Ward Allen: old-time fiddler

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Thu Mar 5 10:32:08 PST 2009

The labels for this disc can be viewed at:
http://bigband-smallband.blogspot.com/#7803721874176503894

Here's another bit of Canadiana, as supplied by Bud.
  I'm confused by what appears to be too many numbers on these Sparton
disc labels, and I'm looking for help with interpreting them.
   261R must be the catalogue number.
   4-69-E & 4-70-E must be the matrix numbers.
   But what is 4-56? Could it possibly refer to an album?
   Also, I'm amused by the injunction against playing this disc on the
radio, paired with the inclusion of the BMI reference for royalties,
should it be played on the radio.
  And isn't the time length provided on the label as a service to DJs? Did
anyone else really need to know how long a song runs for?
- Stephen D
Calgary

addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please
contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in
error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.