[78-L] Dizzy Discs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 3 20:45:58 PST 2009

What do I have here, folks? I picked up two twelve-inch lacquers with partial
labels, apparently from a Dizzy Gillespie big band concert in the Salle Pleyel.
Very nicely recorded, possibly dubbed from other discs (some SN is evident in
one side and it has that dubbed sound). They play "Round About Midnight" on two
sides, "Yesterdays" and "I Can't Get Started". Writing on one of the sleeves
says "Them There Eyes" and "Honeysuckle Rose" but that's probably another disc.
There are some numbers..No. 8A (CD 1077), 8B (CD 1072), 9A (CD 1013), and that
part of the label missing from what is probably 9B. The 10xx numbers are in a
different colour ink from the other hand written info.