[78-L] Collector's Item Record - RCA - Colgate Palmolive

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Mon Mar 2 15:45:48 PST 2009

In 2005 I saved the following info from ebay:

RCA special item made for Colgate-Palmolive Co.
"COLLECTOR'S ITEM RECORD NO.1",#s E3-CS-7919 & E3-CS-7921.....
Side one is HUNKA DOLA by Benny Goodman ;
side two is THE JUMPIN' JIVE  by Lionel Hampton...
Original paper mailer.

The mailer (envelope) served as sleeve and was sent by Halo Shampoo and states:
Here's Your Special Collector's Iem Record from Halo!

Han Enderman
===
>>>  I'm pretty sure I have at least one of these (#1, possibly Paul Whiteman's
"Whispering") but can't find it right now. I've also seen these as 45s.

dl

zimrec at juno.com wrote:
> I turned up a 7-inch microgroove 78 rpm on RCA, manufactured for Colgate-Palmolive Co.  Pressing is thin vinyl, like most 45 rpm records, not like the 7-inch Bell microgroove 78s.  Label is light blue.  In upper center it has the logo with the two small circles - RCA with lightning bolt 'A' and the HMV - which was in use for the promo series of the early 1950s.  In rectangular box appears the legend COLLECTOR'S ITEM RECORD No. 3.  Based on the mx numbers, this was pressed in 1953 (E3-CS-7923 & 7924).  Couplings are apparently from older 78s: Russ Columbo - "You Call It Madness" and Rudy Vallee - "My Time is Your Time."
>
> I'm curious to know what else may have been in the series.
>
> Art
<<<