[78-L] Victor Borge on 78

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 1 11:36:24 PST 2009

Hey..now I got competition at Niagara Falls? Oh wait a minute, you were on THIS
side of the border. I occasionally find amazing stuff at the Sally Ann in
Niagara Falls NY, like a batch of 33rpm ARC Theater Use discs, or the entire
Songs Of Our Times series (okay, minus the three "genre" albums like Aeroplane
Songs).

Borge made two albums for Columbia (which appears to be something of a secret,
as he yelled on "Comedy in Music"). A-32 is the Canadian version of C-111, A
Victor Borge Program. The other album is C-161, An Evening with Victor Borge,
and I don't have the Canadian number handy. Sparton used the green label for
almost all album sets (Square Dances may be the sole exception) so they could
charge 75 cents a disc instead of 50 cents while keeping the price the same on
the red labels up here. They also did not have the OKeh label but issued those
as 50-cent red label as well.

dl