[78-L] [OT] We have seen the future, and it is....

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Thu Feb 26 13:11:31 PST 2009

        I caught the tale end of a lecture at work by Alan Cross, the very
articulate DJ and rock historian, during which he made a "safe prediction"
that, since the majority of music downloads in Asia now go to mobile
phones, and since the Google-driven Android phone will be coming out this
year, open-sourced, then it will be just a short time before there is a
bit-torrent application for music sharing by phone.
        He also proclaimed himself as a vinyl-holic because 1) under the
right conditions it is a superior sound to CD, & 2) the hassle, expense
and rigours of playing vinyl are a proof of devotion to the music.
        My boss tipped me to his history talk today, but only after he had
progressed beyond cylinders and platters.  I would appreciate it if anyone
can point me to one of his books that gives his view of this era.
- Stephen D
Calgary

addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please
contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in
error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may