[78-L] John S Cullings is out of the office.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 01:35:16 PST 2009

Mark S. Chester wrote:
> Good thing it comes only once. One email listserv I subscribe to (a fairly
> low-volume list; one or two messages per week at that time) had an incident
> a few years back where a message came in to the listserv on the Wednesday
> before Thanksgiving and triggered from one subscriber an "out of office
> autoreply" which went out to the listserv... and to all the subscribers
> including the offending account itself, and the autoreply being relayed by
> the listserv to that account triggered another autoreply, and so on and so
> on in an infinite loop.
> Mark S. Chester
I was fearful that I might trigger off something similar. Suppose I
filter a particular type of spam message claiming, to come from say
"Joe Soap Corp" to go to Joe Soap's antiphishing department. But if Joe
Soap's antiphishing department sends me an acknowledgment, that will be
relayed back to them and so on.....

      Julian Vein