[78-L] The Grafonola in the Classroom and Col A7505

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:18:34 PST 2009

Good question!  I'm not terribly sure one would.  As both stories came
from books, my hunch is this record may have been intended as a kind
of companion to the books.  Back when I first had the record, I owned
an G2 model Grafonola upright cabinet machine, and I carefully played
the record on it.  I don't recall hearing much of a difference in
intelligibility.

I do have a small Columbia portable model 110, and if you'd like, I
could play excerpts on it, record them with a microphone, and post
links to the clips, if you'd like to hear the difference.  Just let me
know.