[78-L] Late Date Batwing RCA VICTOR Label??

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Feb 23 18:25:27 PST 2009

Are there RCA format matrix numbers in the vinyl?  I'm surprised they
aren't on the label unless all that is there are the A-900 numbers.  An
RCA format matrix number prefix would pin down the year.  As for the
label, this is a variation of a label RCA called Record Label Circle 66
which they used starting in 1934 for custom pressings.  I've seen some
others from the late 40s and early 50s.  For example, it is used on the
custom pressing of Caruso's Coat Song, although some might think it was
only because the original had been acoustical.  Obviously they used this
label on new items also.  In fact, it is a record with a similar label
that is held by Marilyn Monroe in the still from Niagara that was linked
a few days ago in that famous thread.
http://www.marilyncollector.com/legend/niagara.html

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com