[78-L] Late Date Batwing RCA VICTOR Label??

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Mon Feb 23 17:55:30 PST 2009

I just found some records made by RCA VICTOR records for ALADDIN SOUND STUDIO in Portland, Oregon.  A female singer and a piano perform songs that are probably quite obscure.  You can see the labels here:

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/MHoward/

Questions -

I'm pretty sure these are from the early 1950s, yet the label appears to be a variation of the old batwing label.  Can anyone pin down a date for these??  Any other instances of late date batwing labels?

Anybody know who Marlene Howard is?

Have these songs been re-recorded by anybody?

One of the songs is available to hear at teh link above.

Thanks!  CDB