[78-L] Shipping 78's

Pete graffen47 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:52:29 PST 2009

Hi, I've just recently gotten into collecting, and trading records, esp. the older 78's. I'm not sure how many people do this, but I love trying to collect as many different labels as possible. There are so many colors, and it's amazing how vibrant some of them still look after 70 or 80 years. Anyhow, I noticed in one of the threads a discussion about proper shipping. Lets assume I'm a complete novice (which I am ). Could someone kind of walk me through exactly what's needed and how to pack it. For example, if I were to go to the store today, or online, exactly what supplies should I order, and what is the safest way to ship single 78's and multiples? I did notice a lot of the issues from the 40's and 50's are really fragile and it doesn't take much for them to break or crack or sometimes even crumble in your hands lol. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to do this right from the gate. Thanks again.

                                                        Regards,

                                                                  Pete

PS If you've got your own business, go on and promote the heck out of it, I'm listening.