[78-L] Dop a-bary dealers usually follow your packing instructions?

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 21 10:31:30 PST 2009

Its a bit hit and miss. I've had my best luck with sellers who put
the records between two pieces of wood or particle board and then 3
inch slabs of styrofoam. But even then, I've had breakage. And then
there are those who use newspaper as packing and two pieces of
cardboard in large box. Most of the time -- the record arrives in two
pieces.. Then other times .. no damage! Went through that 3 times
with a UK 78 of Move It by Cliff Richard. Then I had a friend hand
carry it over from England!

It looks like it all depends whether or not the post office sends it
to its stress test department or not -- yep this piano can go on top
of that little box marked fragile

Tony