[78-L] GUM SHOE CANOE

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 20 19:34:38 PST 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
> Bud Black wrote:
>> IIRC this tune was also recorded by Beatrice Kay on an album whose title
>> escapes me at the moment.
>>
>> Bud
>>

> I don't see it in any of her three Columbia albums on 78, and my copy of
> her late 50s/early 60s album on a small LP label is not on the shelf
> where it should be.

I have one on Electric Lemon (PLP prefix, so is that a reissue of Pip?)..not
there either, nor on the early 50s RCA album. Funny, I just heard Beatrice Kay
squawk through half a chorus of "Drink To Me Only" in a "Calvin and the
Colonel" episode. I'm going to keep plugging that set till you nonbelievers out
there get up and order the damn thing.
http://www.ioffer.com/i/CALVIN-THE-COLONEL-8-EPISODES-DVD-AMOS-N-ANDY-CARTOON-94021536

dl