[78-L] Do a-bay dealers usually follow your packing instructions?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Feb 20 18:04:30 PST 2009

There seem to be two kinds of "problem packers" on eBay.  The first and most
common kind are the clueless ones who don't have a clue...in the rare cases
I buy from them I send detailed instructions and extra money so that my
record will arrive in one piece.  I have had at least a 98% success ratio
with these folks....they do seem anxious to please.

For me the real problems have come with the ones who THINK they know how to
do it and won't listen.   This includes the LP sellers who list the
occasional 78 and then send them in  thin boxes as they would the 33 1/3.  I
recently received such a package....record in five pieces....I had assumed
that because he listed a lot of material and had "record" in his eBay name
that he knew what he was doing...wrong again!

Taylor