[78-L] University of Oregon 78 RPM and book sale is March 10 to 12th

Ron Fial ron at fial.com
Wed Feb 18 13:59:35 PST 2009

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:43:33 -0800
From: Rosemary Nigro <rnigro at uoregon.edu>
To: Ron Fial <ron at fial.com>
Subject: Re: When is the book sale next month RE:  78 RPM Records?

Dear Ron,

Our book sale will be held 9-4:30 from March 10th through March 12th, in the Browsing Room of the Knight Library at the University of Oregon, in Eugene. In addition to a broad selection of books, we will have hundreds of 78's available for sale, spanning a wide range of popular and classical music. I just took a look at some of our boxes, and in most cases there are way more than 20 records per box. Most of the records are just housed in plain sleeves, but some of them are collected in leather bound cases holding a dozen records each. I have access to about 50 boxes for now, but I am told there are another 50 boxes stored somewhere in the library, and I will be looking to include those as well, if possible. Please let me know if I can provide you with any other information. I would love to see these records find a good home.

Thank you for your interest.

Rosemary
Ron Fial wrote:

  Rosemary,

  I collect 78 RPM records, and also run a 78-RPM record collectors email discussion list.

  *Could you tell me about how many boxes of 78 records (about 20 per box) you will have for*
  *sale at the book sale?*   *Also, when and where is the book sale?*
  *I can pass that informaiton to the **78-L at 78online.com* <mailto:78-L at 78online.com>*
  Thanks,
     Ron Fial      78-L list manager