[78-L] 1907 Royal Sewing Machine promo record

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun Feb 15 18:19:40 PST 2009

It's definitely a P 1.
Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com
[mailto:78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com] On Behalf Of Michael Biel
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 4:02 PM
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: Re: [78-L] 1907 Royal Sewing Machine promo record

bruce78rpm at comcast.net wrote:
> Wow, great minds think alike, I already sent Mike a request off line for a
scan of that Ad. It would be great to have it with my little Victor P-2 !!

> From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu>
> Any chance of getting a scan of the ad, Mike? I'd like to see what model
> Victor it is. I'm guessing it is a P.
>
> Ron L

Scans have been sent out, and I can send it to anyone else who asks.
When I bought the flyer I took it over to Brian Gorrell who is a
phonograph dealer/collector who has a booth at the same market.  Looking
thru the paperback Baumbach first edition, it seemed to be a Victor
Royal, partially because of the initial confusion not realizing that the
Royal discussed in the ad was their sewing machine.  Looking at my green
hardback and the second edition of Baumbach it seems obvious that it is
a P Premium model which happens to be closely related to the P.  One
interesting feature on my scan is the speed control on the side of the
machine.  This would match Baumbach's description of the P's motor being
mounted on the bottom of the case because if the motor is on the top
plate the speed control has to be on the top plate also.  Does your P-2
have this type of speed control, Bruce?

And remember, I am STILL interested in finding out about the RECORD
about the Royal Sewing Machine!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com