[78-L] eBay Rant

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 14 10:37:21 PST 2009

While I have won a ton of great stuff on eBay, sometimes the sellers
infuriate me. It is such that disappointment arrived in my mail box
this morning.

I won a 78 from Argentina from a vendor who sells quite a lot of 78s.
In fact I've done business with this vendor before. Today's parcel
arrived looking okay, with the record sandwiched between two pieces
of 3 inch thick Styrofoam. Actually instead of record I should say 5
oddly shaped piecs of shellac! Yep -- 1 record -- 5 not so easy pieces. Argh!

Granted, I do feel that packaging could have been better, but I
haven't had trouble with is seller before. 30 bucks flushed!

I guess its not as bad as the folk who sell things like Antique Led
Zeppelin Houses of the Holy 78 - $100 or the ones who send a 78 in a
sleeve packed in just a bubble envelope and charge $10 shipping.

Tony