[78-L] Longest 78

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Feb 12 18:56:45 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> (a) I mentioned these (not specifically naming them, although they
> included
> Double Feature, Cameo, Irene, 6 Great Hits or something like that, etc)

Given that "all-inclusive" definition, I suspect my 12" "extended play" 78
would
be the "winner"...?! One side features Ted Lewis (dubbed from  existing  10"
records," while the other is Kate Smith in a "faked" radio program...!

It is numbered in a totally-different system, and the sides run 7 minutes
plus each...!

> (b) For the benefit of new members..we've discussed this about 977 times
> since
> I joined 78-L in 2000

By actual count?! 977 "incidents" since 2000 (8 or 9 years ago...?!) amounts
to,
at best, 122.125 per year, or one every three days; worst-case-scenario is
108.54/year...?!

> (c) That joke smelled like Tchaikovsky's last movement.

"Last Movement From Ex-Lax"...?!?!

...stevenc