[78-L] Subject: Re: Rhapsody

Stewart, Joseph R RandyStewart at MissouriState.edu
Tue Feb 10 14:43:06 PST 2009

David Lennick mentioned the Nov.1st, 1942 NBC Symphony broadcast of
"Rhapsody" on which "Benny Goodman played the clarinet glissando..and
flubbed it.  Wasn't the pianist a young Earl Wild?  Levant DID play the
Gershwin Concerto in F with Toscanini/NBC, on April 4, 1944.  Both
performances are on a CD from Vintage Jazz Classics (VJC-1034, released
in 1991). (If anyone else has mentioned this before I got to it,
sorry--I only get the list in Digest form.)

Randy Stewart, Arts Producer

KSMU

Springfield MO