[78-L] Acoustic & Electric Whiteman Rhapsody's Recording

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 9 15:03:07 PST 2009

The take numbers will be visible in the wax, at the 9 o'clock position. But the
electrical version will have higher numbers because Victor generally used the
same matrix number for rerecordings. Also, there's a press run of 35822 where
side 2 is acoustical and, as I recall, doesn't show a take # (at least my
Canadian pressing doesn't).

Speeding up at the end of a side was often necessary because of the limited
amount of time available on a wax.

dl