[78-L] Acoustic & Electric Whiteman Rhapsody's Recording

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 9 14:48:13 PST 2009

I have always found the Paul Whiteman Rhapsody in Blue recordings to
be the most  fascinating in my collection. They (the acoustic and the
electric) were amongst my first two 78s acquired when I got serious
about collecting. (just dug out my mp3s of each)

Are there any definitive guides to the sessions and the releases/ pressings.

One thing that always thrilled me is that it seems like the musicians
sped up toward the end of side 1 in both cases, so I wonder how many
takes there were until they got it right, and if part 1 and part 2 in
both cases are consecutive takes

Tony